New Vision toward 2030 and 2021-2025 Medium Term Business Plan -For the successful creation and delivery of life-changing value that ultimately makes people smile-
February 4, 2021
TOKYO, Japan, February 4, 2021 -- Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Masashi Miyamoto, “Kyowa Kirin”, TSE: 4151) announced its new 5-year Medium Term Business Plan today.
“Under the goal of ‘Leaping Forward for Global Specialty Pharmaceutical Company’ set forth in the 2016-2020 Medium Term Business Plan, we have realized steady growth through launching G3B* in the United States and Europe and enhancing our pipeline with potential investigational products. In addition, we established the new global management system OKK (One Kyowa Kirin) structure* and made the company ready for further leaping forward.” Dr. Masashi Miyamoto, President and CEO of Kyowa Kirin, said, “In the meanwhile, issues that must be addressed for a sustainable global growth have become clear, and we see great changes in healthcare industry, like stronger government policies and regulations directed at further reducing healthcare cost and the advancement of patient-centric healthcare systems. These trends are expected to become more pronounced in the future. Based on our achievements and the issues, as well as the changes predicted in the business environment, we designed a new vision for Kyowa Kirin’s further growth toward 2030”.
New Vision toward 2030
Kyowa Kirin will realize the successful creation and delivery of life-changing value that ultimately makes people smile, as a Japan-based Global Specialty Pharmaceutical company built on the diverse team of experts with shared passion for innovation.
See here for an at-a-glance overview of the new vision.
In order to realize this new vision, the 2021-2025 Medium Term Business Plan based on the following three strategies was created.
- Provide pharmaceuticals for unmet medical needs：Maximize the value of G3B, Continue to create groundbreaking new products
- Address patient-centric healthcare needs：Patient advocacy*, Provide value that goes beyond/around pharmaceuticals
- Retain the trust of society：Ensure stable supplies of high-quality pharmaceuticals, Help to protect the global environment
Also, for a sound foundation to support the creation of life-changing value, Kyowa Kirin will reinforce human resources and structures by further cultivating human resources, strengthening organizations and building digital platforms.
As for the financial indicators in the 2021-2025 Medium Term Business Plan, Kyowa Kirin will work to early achieve an ROE of 10% or higher, revenue CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 10% or higher, proactive investment aimed at an R&D expense ratio of 18-20% and a core operating profit ratio of 25% or higher by FY2025. In addition, the company aims to continuously increase the dividend with a payout ratio of 40% based on core EPS (Earnings Per Share). Also, the company will make R&D investments directed at sustainable growth in the future and maximizing corporate value, strategic investments including the use of partners and external resources and capital investments for establishing a system that enables the stable supply of high quality products worldwide.
For details, view the 2021-2025 Medium Term Business Plan here.
The Kyowa Kirin Group companies strive to contribute to the health and well-being of people around the world by creating new value through the pursuit of advances in life sciences and technologies.
- About G3B
- Global Three Brands (Crysvita, Poteligeo, Nouriast/Nourianz)
- About OKK (One Kyowa Kirin) structure
- A matrix management structure combining a regional organization based on four regions – Japan, Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), North America, and Asia/Oceania – and a functional organization based on the functions needed for a pharmaceutical company.
- About Patient advocacy
- Promoting sound public understanding of medical conditions through communication and cooperation with patient and healthcare professional communities. In addition, to make patients smile by working to address unmet medical needs through Kyowa Kirin’s value chain.